Sunday, March 29, 2009

Classic View

Here's a classic composition of Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. This shot has been done by many people. I've lived here for quite some time and decided that I finally needed to attempt it. Given the snow storm this week, I decided that this was a great time. I got to parking lot just before 6 AM. I discovered two other photographers had the same idea. Two or three others joined us in the next 1/2 hour. Like I said, it is a popular shot.

While I was there I captured a few less obvious shots. I'll share them in the coming weeks.

Click the link for other great shots from Scenic Sunday.

8 comments:

Linnea said...

It's so clear that I can practically see the cracks in the red rocks. This is a spectacular scene and well worth getting up for, right?

Allison said...

Great photography at its finest. What a shot.Thanks for having me.
Allison

Tink *~*~* said...

You captured a nice sprinkling of snow on your subjects. What does it look like in the summer time? Still some snow left on the top?

Tink *~*~*
Getting ready for the Flower and Garden Festival

Russ said...

Thanks all!

It was absolutely worth getting up for!

The snow on the peak does pretty much all melt. However, it does snow up there a few times during the summer.

ms toast burner said...

"Between a rock and a hard place"

I love the colours. The mountains around here are often so blue and cold looking, which is very nice in its own way, but even with the snow, those look so warm. I like that contrast.

Bryan said...

Classic composition for good reason!

Photo Cache said...

What a beautiful composition and fantastic photo. You live in paradise my friend.

Aisha said...

Stunning shot! :) I love this photo. The beauty of nature...