Sunday, May 17, 2009

Narrow Margin

Yesterday I awoke very early to capture some sunrise shots. Rather stupidly on my part, I didn't check the weather report when I made these plans. The morning turned out very cloudy, misty and, ultimately, rainy.

My buddy and I threw our plans away and headed for Red Rock Canyon open space here in Colorado Springs. That's right, yet another Red Rock Canyon. I got very few photos worth keeping, but we had a great morning of hiking.

It's been a few years since I've visited this park. I'm now really eager to return as I saw lots of potentially interesting shots.

Hike over to Scenic Sunday for some other great scenes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great subject! Have to admire and wonder that the tree has somehow grown through the hard dry rock. And such a story the rock tells too - layers turned to stone, then tilted and weathered, then covered by more layers.

JM Vigil said...

Red Rock is one of my favorite places to hike and have done just about all of their trails. A few weeks ago I spotted two Great Blue Heron, just amazing!

Loran said...

Amazing, isn't it, where a tree can grow?

bj said...

That tree, right in the middle of all that rock, makes for a VERY inviting shot. You did perfect!!
Thanks for sharing....

Chrissy said...

What an amazing shot! Life amidst rock.

Linnea said...

Excellent shot...I love the simplicity of it.

Regina said...

Wow ,nice red rock. Perfect shot. I've seen Grand Canyon once, but not as close as this one.

Photo Cache said...

I love NV's Valley of Fire, and would love to see CO's red rock canyon. Amazing how these trees/plants grow in rocks.

Russ said...

Thanks all! I'm slowly catching up. Man, what a week!