Sunday, October 4, 2009

Atmospherics

Today, was mostly about photography. I awoke at 5am to catch the sunset at the White Tank Mountain Regional Park. Afterwords, I showed my mom how to build a lightbox, and we took pictures of my parent's arts. Processing those photos took much of the afternoon. It's a great day when you can devote the whole day to one's hobby!

This shot is from White Tank Mountain Regional Park looking over Phoenix, AZ. This is a very nice little park and I plan on heading back bright and early again tomorrow.

Be sure to visit Scenic Sunday!

6 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I like the way the saguaro are silhoeted against the hazy mountains. Nice color and excellent capture.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photo, the cactus with the mountains behind look perfect. The lighting is wonderful too,

Unknown said...

Beautiful shot of the dawn, I liked the overall soft feel

christina said...

Wonderful picture from this beautiful landscape! Have a nice day!

Misty DawnS said...

I LOVE this! Fantastic image.

ms toast burner said...

I love this, Russ! I painted a scene like this in some art class many, many years ago... I had completely forgotten about that! I find this type of scenery very compelling.

Excellent photo!