Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunrise on Pikes Peak and the Kissing Camels

I just returned from a long vacation in the Moab area, and a longer break from photography. There are a number of "reasons" for the break. I'm trying to take up running again, Kelly and I have been taking dance lessons, and I'm recovering from some surgery on my wrist. The surgery was no big deal, but it did leave me one-handed for awhile. To be honest, I'd have to say I've been a bit lazy as well.

This photo is not from the Moab area. It is from Colorado Springs. I'm only now posting it because I'm trying to learn how to use some new tools. I've been using Adobe Photoshop for a couple of years now. Recently, I got a very good deal on Lightroom and PS CS4. Currently its taking me much longer to do many tasks. However, I believe once I learn the tools, I'll be much faster.  For instance, I never had to take this photo into Photoshop.

One of the really nice things about Elements was the easy integration with uploading photos to Flickr or Smugmug. To do this with Lightroom 2, one must down load a plugin (for each sight).

Oh well, progress marches onward.

No comments: