Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oasis

I've spent much of my life in hot climates. Since 2001, I've lived in Colorado except for one year. I guess that I've gotten really accustomed to cool weather. This summer at home was very cool. I think we hit 90 F maybe once. In fact, I hear that we had snow on the ground at home a couple of days ago.

This photo was taken at the Tucson Mountain Museum. We got there around 8:30 AM and it was already 88 F. Yikes. Before we left Tucson, it was 104 F. That's a good temperature for a soak in a hot spring on a chilly day - not for walking around.

Tomorrow, I'm heading up to the Chiricahua mountains to camp for the next 5 days. I sure hope it cooler up there! The current issue of Arizona Highways, has a great photo of colorful maple leaves surrounding a small stream. I suspect it still to warm to see something similar.

4 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I agree about the high temperatures being for hot springs.

The colors are going off here at 8250 feet.

Have fun and hope you get to cool off.

dr_ratamacue said...

Holy crap that's beautiful. Dude, can you go a week without taking a stunning picture? I didn't think so.

Manz said...

Very Tranquil!

I imagine you'll have some new amazing images upon your return from a 5 day camp! I look forward to them :)

joshi daniel said...

that is a real beauty!